Ready To Jumpstart Your Career?

Begin your trucking journey by jumpstarting your career with the Ernest Trans School of Trucking Program. Register and apply online today!

Here is a list of our most frequently asked questions. If you need more information or can’t find an answer to your question feel free to contact us by visiting our contact page.

Ernest Trans School of Trucking will assist our students in job placement and will also help with interviews and the application process. Also, Ernest Trans has company driver opportunities – Apply Now.
You will NOT need a CDL permit prior to the start of your enrollment. However, you will need your permit before practicing behind the wheel training with us. Do not worry we help you obtain your permit by preparing you for the state of NJ written exam. Many students who will join our programs do not have any prior truck driving experience. Our highly experienced instructors will ensure that you are fully prepared for all of your pre-test before practicing maneuvers and taking you on the main road, which is the fun part!
Ernest Trans School of Trucking offers different CDL programs. Depending on the program you select will determine the duration of your training. To learn more about what our CDL programs offer please explore our CDL Training webpage.
Our main office is located at 1125 Atlantic Avenue Suite 625, Atlantic City, NJ 08401. Our Behind the Wheel Training will take place at the Bader Field located in Atlantic City, NJ.
Our CDL programs are affordable. Each student’s tuition will depend on the training program you select and if you qualify for our financial aid options. Register today to learn more.
To become a Class A or Class B driver, you must obtain your Class A or Class B CDL. We prefer all students to join our CDL A program as it is the highest license you can obtain and operate any vehicle under Class A. – Register with an approved training provider through FMCSA https://tpr.fmcsa.dot.gov/Search – Complete Entry-level driver training theory course at 80% or better. – You must pass the state written exams. – You must master BTW training. – You must pass the road test with a state agency in order to obtain your CDL.
The meaning of a “professional driver” is not only one who takes driving seriously and follow all of the road laws, but it is one who… » Understands the full responsibilities of holding a CDL A or B » One who SHOWS UP EVERYDAY… NOT ONLY PHYSICALLY BUT MENTALLY » One who is not afraid to step out of their comfort zone » ONE WHO TAKES ACCOUNTABILITY » One who set goals and plan ahead » One who is committed, dedicated, and FOCUSED
A CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) is a special license that allows drivers to operate heavy motor vehicles on the road such as semi-tractor or a box truck. CDL’s are categorized as the following: » CDL A- This license is the highest you can obtain, and it allows you to operate a combination commercial motor vehicle which is mostly identified as a semi-tractor hauling a trailer that weighs 26,001 lbs. or more on intra/interstate highways. » BONUS- If a driver has a CDL A, they are able to operate any vehicle below a Class A. » CDL B- This license allows you to operate any commercial motor vehicle 26,001 lbs. or less on intra/interstate highways such as box trucks, dump trucks and straight trucks. You can operate a single vehicle hauling a trailer that is less 10,000 lbs.
Scroll to Top